If you are a frequent traveller, always planning about where to travel next, then you are at the right place. We have something for you-travel credit cards. These are credit cards specially designed to provide maximum benefits to their users on travelling along with availing credit. In the following article, we discuss the meaning of travel cards as an introduction, the key features and benefits of the 2 best travel cards and what is the best travel card for people who travel abroad. So, let’s start.
A travel credit card is a credit card specifically designed to provide maximum benefits to the cardholder while travelling.
TOP 2 TRAVEL CREDIT CARD FOR PEOPLE TRAVELING ABROAD
CITIBANK: PREMIER MILES CREDIT CARD
- Premier Miles Credit Card-BASIC CHARGES
- Annual Fees: The annual fee for the Premiermiles Credit Card is Rs 3000 only.
- Joining Fees: The joining fee is informed to you when you source the Credit card.
- Interest Rate: 3.75% p.m.
- BASIC FEATURES: Premier miles credit card
- Instant redemption of reward points, Miles and Hotel deals:
- Hotel deals in more than 90 countries through Citi World Privileges are offered to you.
- Miles can be earned and redeemed easily using this website: www.premiermiles.co.
- Reward points can be instantly redeemed through SMS at leading partner brands of Citibank.
- Any big transaction on your credit card could be turned into small equated monthly instalments with ease.
- Instant credit can be availed on your Citi Premier miles credit card.
- Great discounts and offers can be availed on dining using your Citi Premier miles credit card
- Through Easy Diner Primer Annual Subscription you can enjoy 2x rewards along with 50% cashback.
- Savings up to 15% at restaurants at Mumbai and Hyderabad airports can be availed with your credit card.
- Shopping and Lifestyle:
- Excellent deals on lifestyle shopping are offered regularly on your Citipremier Premiermiles credit card.
- Enjoy up to 15% cashback on duty-free shopping while making a payment with your Citi premier miles credit card.
- Contactless Feature:
- Transactions Up to Rs2000 can be done seamlessly through the contactless feature of your Citi premier miles credit card.
HDFC BANK REGALIA CREDIT CARD
BASIC CHARGES of HDFC Bank Regalia Credit card-
- Joining Fees Rs 2500 is charged as joining fees on HDFC Regalia credit card
- Annual Fees: Rs2500 is charged as annual fees on HDFC Regalia credit card. Kindly note, that the annual fee is waived off on spending Rs 3lakh in a year using the card as a reward to the cardholder.
- Interest Rate: 3.6% p.m
BASIC FEATURES of HDFC Regalia credit card
- Lounge Access in Airports:
- Free passes of entry in Airport Lounges within and outside India
- Delicacies at premium restaurants:
- Across premium restaurants, in top cities, you get to enjoy unique delicacies through Good Food Trail Dining.
- Reward Points :
- 4 reward points on every Rs 150 you spend on insurance, utilities and rent.
- On achieving the annual spending of Rs 8 lakh you earn 5,000 additional reward points.
- Monetary support in Emergency Hospitalization for Overseas Emergencies :
- Up to Rs 15 Lakh, emergency hospitalization for overseas emergencies is provided as a benefit to cardholders.
- Monetary support in Accidental air death emergencies:
- Rs 1 Crore accidental death cover is provided to cardholders.
- Surcharge Waiver on Fuel
- Fuel Surcharge waiver offers are regularly offered with the credit card on partnered fuel stations.
WHAT IS A GOOD TRAVEL CREDIT CARD FOR TRAVELING ABROAD?
The best credit card for you is the one that best suits your spending styles and travel needs. You must assess your spending habits and travel needs by putting factors like how often you travel, the type of reward you can easily use, the benefits you want most, places you will visit and how much you want to pay.
With so many good travel cards in the market, you should never get lured by the offers and benefits of the first travel card you come across. Take your time, compare travel cards from major card issuers and only then make an informed decision.
Use the card for some time, if you don’t feel satisfied, you can always take a step back and can request a product change or apply for a new travel credit card.
Lastly, make sure you use your travel card responsibly and wisely. Only if you pay your total due on time and don’t carry the balance forward, you can enjoy the maximum benefits and convenience.