Manali is one of the top ranked places for all the travel freaks out there. It happens to be a tourist destination and ranks among the top hill stations in India. The place provides a panoramic snow covered mountains along with beautiful Manali, It is a mere 250 km from the state capital of Shimla that is situated in the Kullu region of Himachal Pradesh.
The place has derived its name from the Hindi lawgiver Manu and it is known as the valley of the gods. Though this place has some excellent natural tourist attractions, there are numerous places to visit in Manali that is an integral part of the tourism of this place. You have an opportunity to explore vibrant streets, temples and opt for trekking or river adventure. The place provides various opportunities to have a degree of fun all throughout the year.
Which is the best time to visit Manali?
The place never loses its charm to the welcome tourists. But it is suggested that you do not plan out any trip between the months of January to April as the roads to the Rohtang pass remains closed. Apart from that you can visit in any season. But if you are looking to enjoy the snowfall and the unique beauty of the place then Manali is the destination that you need to visit. At this time of the year it is really chilly and the temperatures drop down to sub zeros. Once again the pleasant time to visit this place is during the summers, which is between the months of March to June. So you can select a holiday destination at this time of the year.
How to reach Manali?
The place is easy accessible from Shimla, Delhi, Chandigarh and Ambala. Tourists can take flights to the nearest airport which is Bhunter that is 50 km. To commute with Manali it is best to hire a taxi. Even there exists an option of bike rentals. You may embark on a bike trip and interact with the local people to known about the place better.
The places to visit in Manali
There is a saying that the more you travel with your family the closer you tend to become. Numerous places are there to visit in Manali where you along with your family members could have an experience of a lifetime. There are as follows
- Rohtang Pass- This place is a hit among the nature lovers, adventure freaks and photographers. It is situated at an altitude of 3978 metres above the sea level and the place is known for its picture perfect views. The place closes during the monsoon time and the place is thronged with nature lovers. All words will be short to express the fame associated with the place.
- Solang valley- the place is situated at a distance of 13 km from Manali and lies between Beas Khund and Solang Village. The valley is a testimony to amazing slopes that is ideal for skiing purposes. Even though paragliding is a costly sport in India but in this part of the world it is relatively cheaper.
- Jogini waterfall- if you love trekking and want to bask in the glory of nature, this is the place that you need to visit. The pleasing beauty of the place is going to mesmerize you to the fullest. From the Vashisht temple it is a mere 3 km away and on route you are likely to come across apple orchids, temple, tall pine trees and even water steams. Even if you are walking at a normal speed it would take you around 30 kms to reach this water fall. During the route you can witness the snow clad peaks of the Beas and Rohtang rivers.
- Kullu- It is an open village that has majestic views along with hill temples and it has to be said that the place is a perfect one for nature lovers. With a beautiful climate, there is greenery all around the place. It is one of the oldest tourist spots in the region
- Vashist village- The village is on the banks of the river Beas and the standalone temples and breathing views are simply marvelous. It is assumed that spring water has healing properties. and is situated at a distance of 6 km away from Manali. At this place, you can indulge in 60 feet rock climbing but you need to ensure that you are physically and mentally fit for the same.
Things to do
- During the summer seasons, you can indulge in adventure activities like trekking, paragliding with a lot more.
- In the summer season rafting is a great activity when snow is known to melt and the water of the river Beas flows in a gushing manner
- There are expert rafters to guide the tourists and enable them to experience the thrill of rafting.
- You can also sit near the Beas river, click pictures and enjoy the corn bab
- You may enjoy shopping in the main market, with a lot of things to purchase from handicrafts, clothes and a lot more things.
- The natural ways and exciting sporting activities do make it one of the famous locations to visit during this life.
- The Manu temple and Hadimba temple are some of the famous tourist places in Manali.
- You may go trekking, mountain biking, and hiking with your friends
Staying in Manali
The accommodation facilities in Manali are really good. It goes on to provide all the basic facilities that is needed by the tourists. Even the 4 star hotels in Manali are packed to capacity during the festive and vacation times. Even the food in these hotels are nothing short of outstanding.
To avoid any last-minute hassle it is suggested that you sort out your travel plans in advance. With the advent of the internet, booking hotels can be done sitting in front of your computer. By doing so you can have the time of your lives.